Today we watched this cartoon of Columbus with a critical eye. Here are some of the questions we asked ourselves:
- Does this video give accurate information about Columbus?
- Whose voice is being left out?
- How are the Native American's pictured?
- Is this a good video to teach kids about Columbus?
Feel free to watch and leave us a comment about your opinion. Some of us left comments today after art. We are learning that history is made up many different perspectives.
Not enough for the western hemisphere. from c.e
ReplyDeleteTo crowded on the eastern hemisphere.From C.E
ReplyDeleteWorld is not devided like that From.C.E
ReplyDeleteIt didnt tell much about the indians and it mostly didnt tell anything about the real story.
ReplyDeleteBy: Clare Madison White
This is not the true story of Christopher Columbus. They didn't give enough information about the Indians. And he was not a mapmaker, he was actually a weaver!
ReplyDeleteColumbus did not discover that the world was round
ReplyDeleteThe Indians where actually not that nice to Columbus and he did not just come over and leave, he really took slaves and their gold and riches. And historians believe that the vikings had already made a trip to San Salvador. Also Columbus did not intend to figure out that the world was round. Historians also believe a Greek mythologist named Aristones had already fond out that the world was round.
ReplyDeleteI think that Columbus had a different story. This vidio would be a vidio To Wach for fun. I think this is not Columbus's story becuse some of the parts of the video are not true. From Karen.
ReplyDeleteNot good at all. This is not the story.
ReplyDeleteOne the wester siyse the bepol had brand scin and they live in hus or wewos.kistifer klompes thot the werol wos rand. And he sed that he wont turd bak entel he finde endeae. Heymi ramos.
ReplyDeleteColumbus was not a map maker. By: Charlie
ReplyDeleteWow! You guys know so much about the real story of Christopher Columbus. I remember these cartoons from when I was little! So I had to learn the truth about Columbus when I was much older, and I learned new things from reading your posts! It is so good that you are learning about how different people may see history!
ReplyDelete